What to Expect
Eugene Speech Therapy provides compassionate care that works by offering:
• Client-centered and adaptable approach to therapy
• Flexible hours and locations (clients seen in office or home)
• Evidence-based and effective techniques
• Individualized care plans that take into account client goals and lifestyle,
ensuring meaningful outcomes and happy clients
• Accommodation and eagerness to work with people who come from culturally different backgrounds and who are in the LGBTQIA+ community
Eugene Speech Therapy LLC aims to affect positive change within the community by offering evidence-based speech, language, and swallowing services. We provide comprehensive, client-centered therapy that serves the client as a whole person and ensures life changing outcomes.
Sierra Corbin, M.S.Ed, CCC-SLP
"I began my path in speech-language pathology as a volunteer with ShelterCare in Eugene, Oregon, mentoring a survivor of traumatic brain injury. I have since expanded my career and expertise, earning a master's degree, completing an internship in a Primary Stroke Center hospital, and working for several years in skilled nursing facilities. I also currently work at the University of Oregon's Communication Disorders and Sciences program, supervising graduate students and implementing community programs.
Many areas of speech-language pathology fascinate me and I have since developed high-tech communication systems, allowed people with severe swallowing problems to eat again, assisted in improving the voice, and helped people to understand what they are going though, how to build on their strengths, and to face their new challenges with confidence. Of course, what I love about my job is that my clients often teach me valuable lessons about life and hope."
• Master of Science in Education for Speech-Language Pathology from the University of Nebraska
• Bachelor of Arts for Communication Disorders and Sciences from the University of Oregon
Sierra is a member of the ASHA special interest groups Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders, Voice Disorders, and Neurogenic Communication Disorders.
• Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation Certified
• American Speech-Language Hearing Association Certification
• Oregon licensed
• CPR/First aid certified
• SPEAK OUT! Provider
• American Parkinson's Disease Association Grant Winner 2019
• Parkinson Voice Project Grant Winner: 2018 and 2019
• ASHA ACE (Award for Continuing Education) 2018; completing over 80 contact hours in three years
Sierra uploads educational videos on her Youtube channel, "Eugene Speech Therapy", which has 870K views and 9,800 subscribers. Visit her page at youtube.com/eugenespeechtherapy